Monday, August 18, 2014

Slow Your Roll


Hello to all,
It's been a while since I posted a blog, just been trying to enjoy what little is left of the summer. Yes, another summer is passing us by and we're getting older (seeing the glass half empty I guess lol). At 34, I can honestly say I forget my age sometimes and I can't believe how the years pass so quickly, it seems like just yesterday I was in  grade 9-1st period drafting class where I met that long-haired kid next to the window who is now my bass player. Yup, I knew him as the dude who didn't say much but showed a me and a buddy of mine how hard his head was when a kid got mouthy with him so Jeff decided to smash his head into a sheet of wood to scare his ass, you can say that kid didn't bug him again. Jeff and I really got to know eachother in music class where he was on the bass guitar(of course) and they put me on drums (I sucked at the clarinet). He played in a band at the time and I'd always bug him about him looking for a drummer, we got so bored in music class so our teacher was cool enough let us both leave the class and go play our own music in the school auditorium, it was pretty cool. You could say that's where Jeff and I clicked so to speak, the rest is in the books. Oh, and I forgot to mention he is stubborn as fuck...…stubborn…..as……fuck!
Now there's Jorge......picking on the grade 9'ers  at Bathurst subway station after school pretty much sums up my first impression of him. Although it wasn't until years later would I end up playing alongside him, destiny I guess. I met Nelson through Jeff in grade 10, back in the DKR days. He was always calm and laid back and loved his music, little did I know fast forward almost 20 years and here we are looking at the same ugly mugs we looked at back in the days. It's been a fun ride and  I'm hoping the ride doesn't end for a while. 
There you go folks, some info you may or may not care about that you never knew, just a little glimpse in the history of DR.
Enjoy the rest of the summer, before you know it we'll be freezin' our ass off again in minus 30 degree weather, up to our asses in snow, where the only sunburn we'll feel is that of the windchill smacking us in the face. I like to be positive you know.
If you were tired of this hot summer I bet your thinking twice right about now:)

Until nextime,
Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment