Monday, November 18, 2013

I'm Just a Dreamer


Hello to all,

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Jorge and I went to see Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage opened up for them as did Testament. Killswitch was nothing special, the music was repetitive and predictable and their ballerina dancing sure didn't help the cause, but the stage presence was average at best. Testament on the other hand, was nothing short of awesome. Testament in my opinion was heavy as fuck and were spot on with their playing and performance. But I noticed that both bands had a weak sound coming out of the drums, especially the snare. Lamb of God played as I hoped they would, I felt as if I was listening to their album as they hit every note, we're not lacking that aggression by any means, and had the best sound out of the three bands by far!
I must say, it was wicked to be at the show with my homie as it was the first time we had went to see a concert since he was given the green light after his chemo treatment and we were back to the good old days in a way.
Speaking of the good old days, Desolate Rage is working on hitting the stage again as our recording is complete, we are concentrating on a live set and really want to go on a good run with the shows again. It will be interesting to see how we feel when we hit that first note of that first show, but I think it won't be long until we feel right at home again:)
I can't speak for the boys but as for myself, being at the Lamb of God show made me realize that I still want to aim high and still want to dream of doing what I love to do for a living,  and maybe one day go on tour and play the music that I love.

Till next time,
Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment