Monday, November 04, 2013

10 Years Gone!!!


What's Up Ragers!!

I think I had what alcoholics call "a moment of clarity" this week so I figured I would share.

We've been around since Sept. 2003 (formally as CONDEMNED) and have released an EP (CONDEMNED), a Full Length (NEMESIS), and recorded another 4 songs "LIVE"IN HELL (Live off the floor demo) that will be on EVOLUTION'S MISTAKE.  A total of 28 songs since 2005 (some of those songs go further back though). I took some time this week to listen to everything we've recorded over the last 10 years and really try to be open-minded and listen to all the material as a fan and not as a member of the band (so as to try and not be critical about things). I've got to say that as a music fan I am happily impressed/proud at how we as a band have evolved over the years (no pun intended).          

You're probably saying:  "WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS JORGE?"

Well I guess what I'm trying to get at is that when we're close to things we never really get to appreciate them for what they truly are. The music we've recorded over 10 years is a glimpse into everything we've been through from cradle to the grave (not yet bitches....but me getting cancer was some scary shit for sure). I always find myself being so critical of the things I do (or don't do) that I never get to appreciate what it is I'm doing and (if I do say so myself) how good it actually is. I recognize that we're not the best band in the world...far from it....but for fuck-sakes we're good at what we do and what we do is a coalescing of 4 crazy minds with various musical tastes, and what you get is DESOLATE RAGE plain and simple!!

The story gets old quick when you don't take credit for the things you have done and/or are always being critical....The way I look at it is...since we've been CONDEMNED / DESOLATE RAGE we are the only band that is still the same lineup since we've started and that boys & girls is a huge thing for us to be proud of!! 
We've had a lot of help along the way and the support from all of you through thick and thin has been amazing and we truly appreciate it! 


THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS...TO HAVE OUR VOICE HEARD!
DESOLATE RAGE 

No comments:

Post a Comment