Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Surrounded By Giants


“We represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop…..the fuck!!?  Lol
    So before we begin let me set the record straight on something (since our bass player decided to mention my height). Yes I’m shorter than everyone else in the band and most of my friends but that’s not because I’m “short” it’s because I’m surrounded by a bunch of giants. Truth be told I’m probably average height (around 5ft 9’) but my bandmates have all decided to be closer to or taller than the 6 foot range which of course makes me look like a little person especially in between them. The good thing is that they know it’s raining before I do and that gives me time to hide under a coffee table or in a tree and bake some cookies so I don’t get wet…. ;)

    Now onto the good stuff (and no not the Keebler elf cookies)…..this Friday we’re playing once again and as written in other blogs we will be hitting the stage with our friends in D.W.A. (Driving With Alzheimers….no no no, Designated Waiting Area……that’s not it either, I’ve got it  Down With Acronyms). Not going to lie I’m pretty excited about this show since it’s been 12 years since we shared the stage with them so come on out on Friday to the Velvet Underground, we hit the stage at around 10p.m. and D.W.A (Driven With Aggression) is on around 9:15 as well as some other really good bands Desolation, Bingeninja, and Aquila! While you’re at it have a beer and listen to some killer metal. We might even hand out a few free shirts like our last show and maybe even a CD or some stickers. I’m sure Marco will have a good follow up in his blog next week and he’ll give you the low down on how things went if you can’t make it out or he’ll talk about stinky people or Jeff or maybe even our dry-waller with his dollar store horn…lol
Till next time
Cheers,
J   

No comments:

Post a Comment